PolyNome is the most powerful metronome on the App Store. And it's way more than just a simple metronome.
Used by the world's top musicians (including Virgil Donati, Chris Coleman, Peter Erskine, Dennis Chambers and Will Lee) PolyNome re-invents the metronome.
Practice with full drum grooves instead of a boring click!
PolyNome makes practicing fun. It'll motivate you to practice more.
If you're a teacher you can use it to motivate your students too. Help them to understand rhythm and email them a PolyNome Playlist to work on for the week. In the next lesson you can see how long they practiced and review their notes – all in PolyNome!
PolyNome is designed to be powerful yet very quick and easy to use.
If you want it, PolyNome probably does it (and more).
Here are some of the features…
– Faders for 16th notes, triplets, bar sound and marker sound
– BIG NUMBERS
– Built in Presets so you don't have to lift a finger
– 2 fully programable metronomes (any rhythm, sound and accent combinations)
– Program ANY rhythm from a simple click to a full groove (into each metronome)
– Super fast tempo entry
– Variable swing setting
– Any time signature
– Auto stop with rep counter
– Countdown timer with alarm
– Practice Events are logged. You can add notes to your events
– Subdivisions from whole note to 32nd notes with EVERYTHING in between
– Custom sounds and accents
– Volume mixer (4 channels)
In-app update to Pro enables:
– Advanced voice counting helps you when working on odd-time signatures (it counts up to 12)
– Subdivision counting for 16th notes, triplets or 8th notes
Save Your Work
– Save and tag your work as Presets
– Advanced sorting, searching and tagging helps keep your library tidy
– Add Presets to a Playlist for super quick access to your favourite clicks
– Join presets together to create songs/clicks with multiple tempos or time signatures
– Create practice routines with audible alerts when each new exercise starts
– Auto tempo change in Playlists for practice routines. Very powerful.
– Tempo Boundaries allow you to automatically increase/decrease tempos between edge conditions
– Use playlists to create a setlist. If you enter the lengths of the songs PolyNome calculates the set length as you add them!
– Email or AirPrint perfectly formatted band set-lists right from PolyNome
– Share your presets with friends; set-lists with band mates; practice routines with students
– PolyNome logs each preset you play, how long you played it for, and the tempo at which you played it
– View statistics and graphs showing you what you need to work on the most
– Add notes to your practice log to help you remember how a practice session went
– Email or print a record of your practice
– Test your timing with random muting of notes or bars
The possibilities are endless.
What people are saying about PolyNome:
Virgil Donati – (Steve Vai, Planet X, Allan Holdsworth):
“I don’t travel anywhere without it; unless I lose my phone!!”
Peter Erskine (Steely Dan, Weather Report, Steps Ahead, Kate Bush):
“PolyNome is great for teaching, practicing and rehearsing. Tempo input by way of the number pad is a terrific feature, and the subdivision possibilities are endless. Plus, this is the only metronome I’ve used that you can actually LEARN from. Simple and brilliant: simply brilliant.”
Will Lee says…
"Wow! Polynome is a brilliant tool for drummers and any musician! It allows you to understand precisely what subdivisions among bars of time feel like, teaches you the drum rudiments, and so much more. I love "time check" where it'll leave bars of silence in between bars of click to see if your groove stays in time. One of the best apps for your toolkit, right up there with a good tuner!"